MDA is an Academy that strives to be the best there is and it is where the best Duelists come from around the world.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Academy Directory
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Tournament Announcement: Battle of DeckMasters!
True King of all Calamities: Advantages and Drawbacks I_icon_minitimeby Kennyrules138 Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:15 pm

» Daniels Introduction.
True King of all Calamities: Advantages and Drawbacks I_icon_minitimeby Sunnivah Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:19 pm

» My introduction
True King of all Calamities: Advantages and Drawbacks I_icon_minitimeby Kennyrules138 Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:06 pm

» Hall of Losers (on DB)
True King of all Calamities: Advantages and Drawbacks I_icon_minitimeby Kennyrules138 Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:22 pm

» Who's gunna catch these hands.
True King of all Calamities: Advantages and Drawbacks I_icon_minitimeby Zane Truesdale Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:01 am

» Yugioh Queston Information
True King of all Calamities: Advantages and Drawbacks I_icon_minitimeby Kennyrules138 Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:57 pm

» MDA Tcg Tourney
True King of all Calamities: Advantages and Drawbacks I_icon_minitimeby Kennyrules138 Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:56 pm

» Official MDA Story
True King of all Calamities: Advantages and Drawbacks I_icon_minitimeby Zane Truesdale Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:56 am

» Technician Log Topic
True King of all Calamities: Advantages and Drawbacks I_icon_minitimeby Dr. Hooves Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:20 am

Card of the Month-May
Thestalos the Mega Monarch
User of the Month

Staff of the Month

Online Staff
Staff Online

True King of all Calamities: Advantages and Drawbacks

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Duelist X

Duelist X

MP : 2028

True King of all Calamities: Advantages and Drawbacks Empty
PostSubject: True King of all Calamities: Advantages and Drawbacks   True King of all Calamities: Advantages and Drawbacks I_icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 1:52 pm

So, most of you noticed a new rank 9 monster. You may think it is hard to be summoned due to lacking lvl 9 monsters. You know what? You are absolutely right! In fact, there are 3 decks which are able to put that monster into good use:

1) True DracoKings: A deck that included both true king and true draco monsters, relying in both tribute and special summoning. However, True Kings will have difficulties in being summoned and destroy 2 monsters (or even at least 1) with the same attribute in this multi-attritude deck, causing it a lot of trouble. Also, using true dracos as material for any summon doesn't make any sense. Besides, there's only 1 lvl 9 true draco monster that can be summoned by tributing continuous spells/traps

2) Pure True Kings: It shares the same disadvantage as the TrueDracoKings about multiattributing, though it gives you easier access to that xyz.

3) True King Dinos: The most Suitable Deck to summon that xyz into full potential! Can be summoned with 2 or 3 card combos and fills your graveyard for upon your advantage. You can also trigger all the effects of the true king Vanisher/Disaster monsters too! Denglong and trishula can help you provide with an easy lvl 9 monster for that cause.

So, why True King of all calamities? Here are its uses:
1) Declaring any attribute prevents 95% of the decks to declare attacks. If you summon Calamities in your turn, you can prepare for OTK next turn
2) It totally seals every monster effect your oponent has in field. If you saw your oponent's extradeck by disaster's effect, you might have a good idea of the attribute of the monsters your oponent uses and by declaring it, you seal your oponent's hand and grave effects too!
3) Use it in your turn to turn your oponents monsters into the attribute you wish and destroy them to summon the appropriate true king monster from hand and trigger its effect. Remember, you can use Calamities' last effect even without xyz materials, which helps you destroy at least 1 monster your oponent controls to summon a true king monster from your hand.
4) Use its effect in your turn to turn your monster's attribute into water for bahamut shark or earth for naturia beast/barkion (before link format)

So, we noted down the calamities' advantages. I might as well point out the cards/decks that can respond to that xyz

1) Forbidden challice: Can be used during your oponent's DP as a response to calamities, allowing him to use monster effects in that turn.
2) Psy-Frame Gamma: Totally unexpected, it destroys your calamities and has free access into psy-framelord Omega. Watch out!
3) Decks with good backrow instead of monster spamming limits its advantages.
4) Don't use it against decks that don't rely on monster effect activation.
5) Kaijus will get rid of calamities but he will be still sealed for a turn

Anyway, I hope this guide helps you understand this card's importance. Share your thoughts below and I hope you enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Erebus

Erebus

MP : 345

PostSubject: Re: True King of all Calamities: Advantages and Drawbacks   True King of all Calamities: Advantages and Drawbacks I_icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 2:42 pm

True King kaijus is a good hybrid too for allowing to use them as fodder for the special summon of ur true kings(cuzz all kaijus have different attributes) as well as getting rid of problematic monsters
Back to top Go down
Duelist X

Duelist X

PostSubject: Re: True King of all Calamities: Advantages and Drawbacks   True King of all Calamities: Advantages and Drawbacks I_icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 2:44 pm

This category belongs to pure true kings, though I don't disagree that kaijus cant be an addition to true kings. However it isnt smart move to get rid of kaijus to summon a true king
Back to top Go down
Erebus

Erebus

MP : 345

PostSubject: Re: True King of all Calamities: Advantages and Drawbacks   True King of all Calamities: Advantages and Drawbacks I_icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 5:58 pm

True king dinos are the best way to play true kings and yet the most consistent one.
Back to top Go down
Duelist X

Duelist X

PostSubject: Re: True King of all Calamities: Advantages and Drawbacks   True King of all Calamities: Advantages and Drawbacks I_icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 10:04 am

I'll have to agree there. I might post true king dinos deck strengths and weaknessses as well
Back to top Go down
Kennyrules138

Kennyrules138

MP : 31

PostSubject: Re: True King of all Calamities: Advantages and Drawbacks   True King of all Calamities: Advantages and Drawbacks I_icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 4:01 pm

Duelist X wrote:
I'll have to agree there. I might post true king dinos deck strengths and weaknessses as well
Strengths: VFD (the busted rank 9)
Weaknesses: Losses going second to pretty much anything
Back to top Go down
Duelist X

Duelist X

PostSubject: Re: True King of all Calamities: Advantages and Drawbacks   True King of all Calamities: Advantages and Drawbacks I_icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 7:14 pm

Kennyrules138 wrote:
Duelist X wrote:
Strengths: VFD (the busted rank 9)
Weaknesses: Losses going second to pretty much anything

niceeeeee try! More dino support coming up soon, so no commentery on the deck before having a more stable deck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: True King of all Calamities: Advantages and Drawbacks   True King of all Calamities: Advantages and Drawbacks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

True King of all Calamities: Advantages and Drawbacks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monarch Duel Academy :: Discussion :: Card Discussion-
Jump to: